Road Run – Dykebar route

Time: 12.10pm
Route: Dykebar
Distance: 6.5miles
Time Run: 48mins 22secs (av 7.26)
Mile splits: 7,56, 7.40, 7.19, 7.17, 7.01, 7.24, 3.46

I set off feeling my legs a bit from yesterday and ran the first mile comfortably but then once I was into the run felt better and it was encouraging to run each mile quicker. I wore my watch but didn’t look at it during the run and was quite surprised to see the mile splits.

The only thing of note was that I tripped over a dog! As I was running along the cycle path a couple with their two dogs where walking the other way. This big brown dog ‘Buster’ decided at the last minute to run right in front of me. I had nowhere to go except fall over him. No damage done and the owners were apologetic. I could hear Buster getting a good telling off as I ran away! Now that would have been a good video clip!

I picked up my copy of Dean Karnazes book ’50/50′ from our local library today and I’m looking forward to reading it. I will post some comments as I read it.

I’m looking forward to my presentation tonight to the elders at Maxwell Mairns Parish Church. I’ll let you know how I get on and post my powerpoint presentation. I’m going to conclude with four lessons I’ve learnt from running the whw race which could apply to team situations whether church or work. What do you think they might be? I might even award a prize for the best guess?????

This entry was posted in Dean Karnazes, Dykebar run. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Road Run – Dykebar route

1. Chris says:

4 Lessons:You need a good support teamKeep your eyes fixed on the goalPreparationGet the right fuel…..

2. Thomas says:

1) You have to be nuts to run 95 miles in one go2) Running for 24 hours hurts3) If you force your family to support you, you’d better be prepared for some repercussions4) You have to be nuts to run 95 miles in one goNo? Ah well…

3. Anonymous says:

As said: preparation, self belief, commitment & ability.Regards,Max.

4. Tim says:

1. If you think you can do it you probably can2. If you think you can’t do it you probably wont.3. When you hit rock bottom mentally and physically, things can only improve. 😉4. Don’t forget your nipple tape!

5. Davie says:

1. Do the training2. Believe in yourself3. Ignore those who don’t believe in you4. Feed from the painI’m working on those this year!

6. Davie says:

50 50 is on my Christmas wish list.If I get caught buying any more books until I’ve finished what I’ve got I’m in bother!She doesn’t know about yesterday’s visit to Waterstones.

7. Anonymous says:

1.Slow & Steady2.Slow & Steady3.Slow & Steady4.Slow & Steady !