A massive pb for Katrina …

Katrina had been feeling a little under the weather over the last day or so but Silke suggested she took a lem slip before the race and it seemed to help.

I cycled into Glasgow and met Katrina at George Square after she’d caught the bus (the train was off). We met up with Thomas & Silke and our friend Grant.

As Katrina headed to the blue start area I headed up the hill to watch the leaders run by.

Once Katrina & Grant had gone by I jumped on my bike and cycled to Bellahouston Park. I happened to see Katrina on the way and took this photo at about 3.5miles …

It looked as thought she was going well but it was getting hot. I then cycled to Bellahouston Park and waited to see Katrina go by. I waited for quite a while seeing a few friends runs by. I then realised I must have missed Katrina so cycled to the exit of Pollok Park.
I saw Silke who had started about 7mins ahead of Katrina go by. Then I saw Katrina and took this photo …

It made me realise how hard it is to see people with so many running. This photo was taken just before the 9miles mark and I worked out that Katrina was running faster than 8mins a mile and was on target for finishing under 1hrs 50mins.
I cycled on and waited for a while at the drinks station at 11miles but realised I must have missed Katrina again and made my way to the finish.
I found her at the finish with Silke & Thomas.

Katrina finished in an incredible 1hr 44mins 35secs. I thought she could go near or maybe just under 1hr 50mins but that was even better than I thought. So well done Katrina … a very impressive run. Katrina ran 15mins faster than her half marathon debut in March at Inverness.
Here we are at the end …

I cycled just over 28miles in my ride to and from Glasgow and round the route. It was good fun supporting! We met up with Neal and Caroline at the finish as well.
Here are Katrina’s splits ….

This entry was posted in Great Scottish Run, Katrina. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to A massive pb for Katrina …

1. Caroline says:

Wow, well done Katrina! That's given me the inspiration to try and improve my pace, I generally trundle along around 10:30-11:00 minute miles when I'm feeling fit and 12:00s when I'm not. Now my bruised knee is more or less better (got taken out when someone stood on my dress during a particularly vigorous Orcadian Strip The Willow at our wedding – I went FLYING!) I really need to get the trainers back on – I haven't run properly since May thanks to knackering my ankle on some soft sand, but that's better now too.

2. Santababy says:

amazing, so sorry to miss you both. I had an inkling Katrina would do that time tbh, maybe you shouldve had a time prediction for her, i reckon i'd have won! 🙂 big massive hug to Katrina

3. Silke says:

I'm in awe! What a great time! Maybe I should have taken a lemonsip myself?! 🙂 She came 8th overall in her category. Incredible!

4. Ali says:

Good running Katrina! We've got the same half marathon PB (give or take a few seconds).

5. Anonymous says:

Great performance! Well done.

Will there be a full in-depth report and post race analysis in the Daily Record?

MtM

6. Anonymous says:

Ooops, I guess I meant the Scottish Daily Mail!

MtM

7. Grellan says:

Great result Kartina – John, with improvements like that 1'd be watching my back 😉

8. Thomas says:

Congratulations Katrina, that was a great run. Well done!

Watch out John, she'll leave you behind soon!

9. Thomas says:

A 20 minute PB. Amazing! Well done!!!

10. Debs M-C says:

Well done, Katrina. My marathon girl is certainly kicking ass!!

As per my text, I think there should be guess my time comp for the marathon. I'm going for 3:38.

Debs 🙂

11. Davie says:

Hang on. Drug testers on the way to paisley as we speak. Lemsip? Willie Johnston got done for less.

12. Andy Cole says:

What a great run, well done indeed! (better watch out JK, you have real family competition now)

13. Robert says:

Great run Katrina! Not only a PB for half marathon, but could it be a PB for the 10k on route as well?

I can't think of better confidence boost for running the Inverness Marathon. Well done 😉

14. Tim says:

A belated congratulations Katrina, that's a great time. I guess your coach must take a wee bit of the credit but it's you who ran it. 😉

Well done!

15. Anonymous says:

John
    Well done getting some photos & on the run
    Can we use 2 or 3 for club on the website/blog (with source ref.)

AMacD