My next race the Hardmoors 55 is coming up soon so it’s time to open up my ‘traditional’ Guess My Time competition!
I started this for my very first ultra in April 2007 and have done one ever since. It’s all a bit of fun but it has helped me get an idea of what others reckon I can do.
But also this year ultramarathonrunning store have offered a prize for each of the Hardmoors Grand Slam races I’m doing. So thanks to them.
So to take part all you have to do is guess in hours, minutes and seconds how long it will take me to run the 55miles from Guisborough to Helmsley.
To give you an idea I have done the race once before in 2010 and it took me 11hrs 45mins but the weather was really tough and I’d broken a rib 4 weeks before the race which hampered my training somewhat!
I like to have a gold, silver and bronze goals for each race so for the HM55 they are ….
- Bronze – sub 11hrs 30mins – I would like to go faster than 2010 and feel I’m in good enough shape to do so. A pb is doable!
- Silver – sub 11hrs – If the weather is favourable and I get most things right (pacing, food, navigation etc) then I feel this is a target which I could achieve.
- Gold – sub 10hrs 30mins – Last year I ran the Fling in 10hrs 5mins. The HM55 is 2 miles longer and I would say hillier with more feet to ascend and descent so I think this is a time which will stretch me and I will need to get everything right. My training has gone well so I’m definitely going to be aiming for this. Only time will tell whether it is possible!!
My good friend Dave Troman is also running so as an aside I would like to finish within 90mins of Dave. He is running really well at the moment so I would be very happy to finish within 90mins of Dave!
Please send your guess by …
- Leaving a comment on this post
- On Facebook
- Via Twitter – @jkynaston
- Text – 07905 218162
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person
Please send your guess by 12noon on Friday 21st March 2014. I will post the list of guesses before we leave for Yorkshire!