My next ultra, Hardmoors 110, is coming up soon so it’s time to open up my ‘Guess My Time’ Competition. This will be my 27th ultra race since 2007 and for each one I’ve had a fun competition were I have asked friends and family to guess what time I’ll finish the race.
Also a limited edition key ring!!
So the details …
- Hardmoors 110 (though the distance is over 112miles and maybe more!)
- The race starts at 8am Saturday 24th May 2014
- The route follows the Cleveland Way in North Yorks starting from Helmsley and finishing at Filey and includes over 15,000ft of climb
- There is a 36hr time limit to complete the course
I’ve done this race once before in 2009. It took me 31hrs 10mins which included an hours delay when I got lost at Scarborough after 100miles. I paced it really badly taking 12hrs for the first 60miles then 19hrs for the final 55miles! I have always wanted to go back and have a better run but it’s taken me 5 years!
I’ve been thinking a lot about my aim for the race. For the HM30 and HM55 I was well inside my gold time so I’ve decided to add in a Platinum goal to keep me motivated right to the end in case things are going really, really well!!
So to help you with your guess here are my goals for the race …
- Bronze – finish inside 31hrs 10mins
- Silver – sub 28hrs
- Gold – sub 27hrs
- Platinum – sub 26hrs
I’ve going to run with sub 27hr splits which should see me at Saltburn (59miles) in 13hrs 05mins. If I am there under 12hrs 30mins I’m going to switch to a sub 26hr plan. Obviously all this is weather/fitness dependant but I like to have a plan!
If you want to take part all you have to do is send me your guess of how long you think I will take in hours, minutes and seconds to complete the Hardmoors 110 by 6pm on Thursday 22nd May 2014 by ….
- Leaving a comment on this post
- On Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/john.kynaston1
- On Twitter – @jkynaston
- Text – 07905 218162
- Email – email@example.com
Thanks for taking part and I look forward to receiving your guess!!