Guess My Time – Hardmoors 110

My next ultra, Hardmoors 110, is coming up soon so it’s time to open up my ‘Guess My Time’ Competition.  This will be my 27th ultra race since 2007 and for each one I’ve had a fun competition were I have asked friends and family to guess what time I’ll finish the race.

This year ultramarathonrunningstore.com have offered a prize to the closest guess. For this one the winner will receive an Ultimate Direction Handheld water bottle

Handheld

Also a limited edition key ring!!

key ring

So the details …

• Hardmoors 110 (though the distance is over 112miles and maybe more!)
  • The race starts at 8am Saturday 24th May 2014
  • The route follows the Cleveland Way in North Yorks starting from Helmsley and finishing at Filey and includes over 15,000ft of climb
  • There is a 36hr time limit to complete the course

I’ve done this race once before in 2009.  It took me 31hrs 10mins which included an hours delay when I got lost at Scarborough after 100miles.  I paced it really badly taking 12hrs for the first 60miles then 19hrs for the final 55miles! I have always wanted to go back and have a better run but it’s taken me 5 years!

I’ve been thinking a lot about my aim for the race. For the HM30 and HM55 I was well inside my gold time so I’ve decided to add in a Platinum goal to keep me motivated right to the end in case things are going really, really well!!

So to help you with your guess here are my goals for the race …

• Bronze – finish inside 31hrs 10mins
  • Silver – sub 28hrs
  • Gold – sub 27hrs
  • Platinum – sub 26hrs

I’ve going to run with sub 27hr splits which should see me at Saltburn (59miles) in 13hrs 05mins.  If I am there under 12hrs 30mins I’m going to switch to a sub 26hr plan. Obviously all this is weather/fitness dependant but I like to have a plan!

If you want to take part all you have to do is send me your guess of how long you think I will take in hours, minutes and seconds to complete the Hardmoors 110 by 6pm on Thursday 22nd May 2014 by ….

Thanks for taking part and I look forward to receiving your guess!!

This entry was posted in guess my time competition. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Guess My Time – Hardmoors 110

1. Pingback: Working out goals for my ultra races | John Kynaston's ultra running diary

2. Dean burchmore says:

John i reckon you are going to have a good run and a 27 hours, 12 mins and 4secs sounds good to me. Good luck and safe running.

3. steve potter says:

Twenty. Seven hours and twenty seven minutes

4. david says:

I’m going to say 26 hours 53 minutes and 6 seconds. Have a great run!

5. Kynon says:

26:27:28

6. Jo Barrett says:

26 hrs 42 mins. Good luck John, I love reading your blogs 🙂

7. fliperty says:

As i insulted you with my last prediction on the 55 I’m going for a quick one. 23.59 , making you only the 8th person ever to dip under 24 if i remember rightly .

• I don’t remember being insulted!! I think you may have gone a bit too far the other way with this prediction!! Hope your training is going well and I look forward to seeing you on the start line.

8. Nigel Lintin says:

28hr 27m

9. Pingback: Glennifer Braes Run | John Kynaston's ultra running diary

10. bosschamonix says:

I’ll go for 26hrs 59mins – in plenty of time to beat the tide! Have a good run John.

11. simon lowther says:

I’m going for 27 hours and 2 mins, good luck.

12. Pingback: Hardmoors 110 drop bags | John Kynaston's ultra running diary

13. Adam Firth says:

27 hours and 23 minutes. Taper well and enjoy – looking forward to seeing the race report and being enticed to have a go in the not too distant future. Good luck 🙂

14. Pingback: Following the Hardmoors 110 | John Kynaston's ultra running diary