I decided to give myself a full week off before running again. Each day my calf felt better but the proof would be a run.
I’ve taken today off work as I volunteered to go and collect the West Highland Way Race goblets from East Kilbride. I’m really looking forward to being involved with the race but not as a runner this year.
I’ll be at registration and the start. Then I’ll be supporting my friend Jonny until Rowardennan (about 6am). I’m then going to hand over to Francis and Jo at their b&b in Drymen. I’m hoping to get a few hours sleep before meeting up with Katrina at Balloch and driving up to Lundavra.
We are late substitutes for the final checkpoint on the route. Lundavra is in the middle of nowhere about 7miles from the finish. We’ll be there from 2.30pm on Saturday until about 8am on Sunday morning. I’m really looking forward to it!
Anyway back to my run …. I couldn’t feel anything for the first mile and as I was congratulating myself on being sensible and not running for a week. Then over the next couple of miles I felt one of two twinges. Nothing serious but enough to realise running nice and easy was the best option.
I hardly felt anything on my calf for the final mile so I was very happy with my run. I’m going to take it very easy over the next two weeks and just run 2-3 times a week. Hopefully that will be enough to clear it up completely.
It’s been a good week to have a break from running with lots going on …
- The World Cup starting
- Most of the group games have been great to watch
- Sadly though England lost their first two games
- A thrilling draw with Sri Lanka in the first Cricket Test Match
- 3 more sessions with Mhairi – she certainly knows her stuff. She keeps saying I’m her toughest case!
- US Open Golf – runaway win from Kaymer
- Hollie passed her driving test today 1st time!
- Spending time with Emma & Yonas who are back from Indonesia
- Keeping the West Highland Way Web site uptodate
- Doing #63 of the West Highland Way Race podcast
If you want to follow the West Highland Way Race over the weekend go to the web site and their is a live link which will have updates through the 35hrs!