Guess My Time – Hardmoors 55

ULTRAmarathonRunningStore.com have very kindly offered to provide prizes for my ‘Guess My Time’ Competitions this year and the prizes are amazing!  I’m thinking of putting in a guess myself!!

For my first ultra of the year the Hardmoors 55 Keith from the store has offered a brand new/hot off the shelf Inov-8 Race Ultra Shell Waterproof jacket which is worth £89.95

Prize - JacketTo win this excellent Jacket all you have to do is guess in hours, minutes and seconds how long it will take me to run the Hardmoors 55 ultra on Saturday 21st March.

To give you an idea of times I ran this race last year in 10hrs 10mins 24secs but this year I have purposely decided to start my specific ultra training later as my ‘A’ race is the Lakeland 100 in July.

So for January and February I have done a lot more speed and tempo runs as I build up to the Inverness Half Marathon on Sunday 8th March. Will that hinder or help my Hardmoors 55 race?

My goals for the race are:-

• Bronze – sub 10hrs 30mins
  • Silver – sub 10hrs 15mins
  • Gold – sub 10hrs

So if you want to take part and have a chance to win this superb jacket and a limited edition John Kynaston key ring send your guess by leaving a comment ..

• on my blog
  • on facebook jkynaston
  • on twitter @jkynaston
  • text 07905 218162
  • email jkynaston@bigfoot.com

Please send your guess by 6pm Thursday 19th March 2015. No late entries will be accepted!!

One final rule …. There will only be one guess per time so if a second person guesses exactly the same time as someone else I will ask you to add on or take off a few seconds. I think I’ll be pushing it a bit to ask Keith to provide two jackets!!

Thanks to Keith at ultramarathonrunningstore.com

This entry was posted in guess my time competition. Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Guess My Time – Hardmoors 55

1. Poppy Harris says:

Hi John,
    I reckon your time will be 9:57:39
    Good luck and have a great race.

2. tykeinbrum says:

Got to be worth a punt for a cracking bit of kit… I’ll go for 10:06:27
    Enjoy your run John!

3. Kenny Ling says:

Good Luck John. 9:46:28

4. kennethling says:

Good luck John. 9:46:23

5. scaraben says:

Hi John,

Myself. I’m hoping for sub 11 but I reckon you will be very close to the magic 10 hour mark. Let’s 10 hours 4 minutes and 50 seconds

6. John Collins says:

Hi John,
    Firstly, thanks a million for your superb race and recce videos. I think I’ve finally decided on The Skiddaw race for my first ultra. I think your speed work together with your ultra background will come together nicely:
    9 hours 52 minutes 36 seconds.

7. Ed Holey says:

I’m going with 9h 58m 22s
    Disappointed I can’t do the 55 this year thanks to work.

8. Paul Dermott says:

I’ll go with 10h 05m 18s. Good luck!

9. Jennifer Rooney says:

Good luck John. I’ll guess 9.59.24.

10. Good Luck John! I guess 10. 11. 27

11. davidw64 says:

Good Luck I guess 10 hours 3 minutes 32 seconds

12. tracey reddy says:

GOOD LUCK to you John..i know you’ve been trainimh hard…i think 10hrs:06mins and 43seconds.

13. I think you could go faster, your training has gone well, you are one year wiser. Since all the times I had been thinking of have already been taken I’ll pop for an outsider 9:36:00.

While this time is very competitive, and lower probability of being right than times around 10hrs, I love the idea of your nailing the race and going far faster than you think your likely to go, now that would make a great post to read.

There were little things you could have done better last year to shave a few minutes off here and there. Practicing faster stops at check-points, drop your rubbish, pick up your supplies and high tail it out there and eat on the hoof shouldn’t take minutes. Fine tuning your pacing, and maintaining your motivation of doing a fast final time throughout the race requires self belief and patience in equal measure. Get it all right and you’ll knock the race out of the ballpark.

• Thanks Robert. 9:36:00 would be amazing! I’d love to go under 10hrs but I’ve done as many longer runs as I would normally so not quite sure what to expect. It’s all part of the experiment!

14. steve jackson says:

Hi Jon
    Good luck on hm55 I hope to be somewhere just behind you but not aiming for fast time as I’ve not done any speed work so using it as a training pace run for my target hm110 gotta crack that one 4 dnf does not. Feel nice. So I think your time will be around 10hr 15 main 25 sec. Don’t know about you but I think its harder in reverse .
    Hope to see you on the day

Steve jackson

• Thanks. I’m not sure which is harder. Finishing in Helmsley means you do Roseberry Topping when you are fresh and the last 10 miles can be fast if your legs are up for it!

15. Its hard to guess times in this race as anything can happen on the day, chiefly how the weather behaves. If we get good conditions my guess is you’ll go under 10hrs, so my guess will be 9hrs 57mins 30secs. I’ve been tracking you speed sessions and I think this will help you massively.
    Good luck and hopefully see you on the start line.

Aaron

16. Carl Barrow says:

10hr 23min 47sec

17. Hi John,

Goodluck – hope you get under 10!

I think you will, so my guess is 9.45.59!

Heather

18. Dave McLaren says:

Hi John,

Best of luck for the 55, I guess you’ll do it in 09:55:22.

DM

19. Thanks David. Hope you are well?

20. Robbie Drummond says:

Good luck John, and well done in Inverness, a cracking time. I guess 9:55:10.
    Robbie

21. stevenjjhill says:

Best of luck John, going for 9:41:42

22. Pingback: Food plan for Hardmoors 55 | John Kynaston's ultra running diary

23. Peter Owen says:

Guess for Hardmoors55, 10h 14m 36s

24. Chris Winter says:

Hi John,

Consistency is the real key, not all the long runs. That, coupled with your experience, should see you cross the finish line in a very respectable 9:46:23.

Good luck,

Chris W.

25. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It’s always useful to read through articles from
    other writers and practice something from other websites.