Guess My Time – Hardmoors 160

The Hardmoors 160 which starts at 5pm on Friday 29th April 2016 will be my 36th ultra since 2007 and by far the furthest race I have entered. I reckon it will also be the most difficult to correctly guess my time!

The good people at http://www.ultramarathonrunningstore.com have provided another excellent prize for the person who is the closest to my actual time. Plus one of my limited edition key rings!!

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 16.37.34

They are going to give an Ultimate Direction Ultra Waterproof jacket ….

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 16.37.41

Here is a description of the qualities of the jacket ….

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 16.38.03

If you want to win this superb prize then all you need to do is guess in hours, minutes and seconds how long it will take me to run the 160 miles!

I have not run the Hardmoors 160 before but I have run the Hardmoors 110 twice. The 160 is the 110 route plus the 48 miles from Helmsley to Scarborough along the Tabular Hills Walk added on.

HM160 route

I like to have bronze, silver and gold goals for the ultras I run and normally they are within an hour or so but for this one I have decided to have a wider range of times.

Here are my goals …

• Bronze – to finish. The race rules allow 50hrs to complete the race so that is my bronze.
  • Silver – sub 45hrs. I reckon that if most things go well then this should be attainable.
  • Gold – sub 42hrs. In 2014 I ran the Hardmoors 110 just under 28hrs so this would give me 14hrs to do the extra 50miles. I think that would be at the upper end of my ability but I always like to have a goal that is going to challenge me!

If you want to take part please send me your guess by 6pm Wednesday 27th April 2016 by.

• A comment on this blog post
  • On Facebook
  • On Twitter – @jkynaston
  • Email – jkynaston00@hotmail.com
  • Text – 07905 218162
  • In person
  • Any other reliable method!

I can only have one guess per time so if you guess a time already taken I’ll ask you to change it slightly!

During the race I will have a tracker so you can follow my progress if you want to! I will post the link on my blog and Facebook nearer the time.

This entry was posted in Guess My Time, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Guess My Time – Hardmoors 160

1. Hi John, my guess will be 44:44:44 this time. Good luck and try to enjoy it.

2. Paul Noble says:

I can’t imagine running 55 miles never mind 160 so guessing a time is going to be hard. I’ve watched your videos numerous times so I know you are strong. I think 42:44:38. Because I know you can. Good luck

3. cmmercer says:

Knowing much of the area you’ll be running, I can barely comprehend 160 miles, but I reckon 43:25.15 sounds like a good time. Best of luck with it!

4. Graham says:

42hr 35 mins 18secs good luck hopefully see you on the 110 course

5. Andy Cole says:

Interesting one this John. I think the race is probably just on the limit of what you can do without sleep. If the race were longer, most runners would be aiming for an hour or two on the second night, especially as it’s an evening start and you will probably have been awake for 9-10 hours before the start. I’d be interested to know your strategy. I’d like you to prove me wrong but I think it’s a step up from a “100 mile” run, so I’m going for 45:42:36 – ie a 3.5mph average pace overall.

• Thanks Andy. One of the reasons I wanted to do this race is to see whether I can keep going for over 40 hours. My longest time on feet was the Lakeland 100 in 2012 which was 34:34 but I hadn’t planned to be out that long. This time I’m preparing to be out for two nights so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I know one thing for sure … I’m going off very easily with a HR target of 120!

6. Stephen Davies says:

Well John, all going well I will see you on the start line myself. You prepare well for races and that is key for this race especially! I reckon you I will have good one and could come close to your A target – I will say 42hours 50mins.
    The weather has to be kind to us though – it could be a game changer if it is rough 🙂

7. To run 160 miles sub 50hrs would be an extraordinary achievement. It’s a huge challenge that you understand and have prepared for in training. I’ll go for a time of 49:40 as frankly any time around that let alone below is a platinum finish in my book.

8. I’m excited to hear how it goes! I’ll say 45:58, and hope you’re well under it!

9. Lindsay MacNeil says:

You are mental!!!!!!! 41hours 32 minutes – good luck, a true inspiration xx

10. Jojo says:

160 .. Good luck: 46:14:35. Time for a nap or two.

11. Brenda says:

Good luck! I’m guessing 46hrs 22min ☺

12. Keith says:

Hi John. I reckon 46:52:25. Have a good run and I look forward to the race report.

13. Craig Pritchard says:

44:44:44…good luck and enjoy!

14. Craig Pritchard says:

ooops, just seen that 44:44:44 has been done…sorry! 43:43:43 then instead. Good luck again.

15. Craig … 44:22:00 is all yours!

16. Stuart Waring says:

Hi John,
    Good Luck.
    Think I’ll try 45:18:04

Cheers Stu

17. Michael Barrett says:

Hi John, Best of Luck, My Guess is: 45:30:01

18. Nicola may says:

43hrs 26mins 10secs good luck

19. Gary Burns says:

An awesome challenge John which I am confident you will rise to.
    Hope you manage to enjoy it. I reckon sub 45 so am going for 44 hours 46 mins and 29 seconds.

Good luck

20. Graeme Reid says:

Hi John
    I’ll go with 43:23:21
    Best of luck – Graeme Reid

21. Karen Nash says:

Good luck John. Maybe 43 hrs 58 mins 28 secs!

22. Fearlessfeet says:

43h 58m 37s, good luck, Cateran 55 looked a great time!

23. Heather Orr says:

Hi John,

Goodluck! I guess 47 hours 47 min and 47 seconds!

Thanks

Heather

24. Andy Norman says:

Hi John

The weather could play a big part this weekend but I hear you have a decent support crew so my prediction is 42:15:00.

Good luck