The Hardmoors 160 which starts at 5pm on Friday 29th April 2016 will be my 36th ultra since 2007 and by far the furthest race I have entered. I reckon it will also be the most difficult to correctly guess my time!
The good people at http://www.ultramarathonrunningstore.com have provided another excellent prize for the person who is the closest to my actual time. Plus one of my limited edition key rings!!
They are going to give an Ultimate Direction Ultra Waterproof jacket ….
Here is a description of the qualities of the jacket ….
If you want to win this superb prize then all you need to do is guess in hours, minutes and seconds how long it will take me to run the 160 miles!
I have not run the Hardmoors 160 before but I have run the Hardmoors 110 twice. The 160 is the 110 route plus the 48 miles from Helmsley to Scarborough along the Tabular Hills Walk added on.
I like to have bronze, silver and gold goals for the ultras I run and normally they are within an hour or so but for this one I have decided to have a wider range of times.
Here are my goals …
- Bronze – to finish. The race rules allow 50hrs to complete the race so that is my bronze.
- Silver – sub 45hrs. I reckon that if most things go well then this should be attainable.
- Gold – sub 42hrs. In 2014 I ran the Hardmoors 110 just under 28hrs so this would give me 14hrs to do the extra 50miles. I think that would be at the upper end of my ability but I always like to have a goal that is going to challenge me!
If you want to take part please send me your guess by 6pm Wednesday 27th April 2016 by.
- A comment on this blog post
- On Facebook
- On Twitter – @jkynaston
- Email – email@example.com
- Text – 07905 218162
- In person
- Any other reliable method!
I can only have one guess per time so if you guess a time already taken I’ll ask you to change it slightly!
During the race I will have a tracker so you can follow my progress if you want to! I will post the link on my blog and Facebook nearer the time.