Guess My Time – Tour of Helvellyn

My final ultra for 2019 is the 38 mile Tour of Helvellyn on Saturday 21st December 2019. I’ve not done this race before but it one that I’ve been thinking of doing for a few years so decided to enter this year.

Here are the details of the race from the race website.

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 16.34.55Here is the route.

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 08.22.11

If you would like to take part in my latest ‘Guess My Time’ competition then please send me your guess in hours, minutes and seconds for how long you think it will take me to complete the 38mile race.

A lot depends on the weather at this time of year but I like to have my bronze, silver and gold to aim for so here goes ..

• Bronze – sub 11hrs 30mins
  • Silver – sub 11hrs
  • Gold – sub 10hrs 30mins

My good friends at www.ultramarathonrunningstore.com have kindly offered a prize for the closest guess. This time it is ……

Plus aScreenshot 2019-12-10 at 07.40.39

Plus a limited edition key ring!

Screenshot 2019-09-17 at 17.26.54

Please send your guess by 12pm on Friday 20th December 2019 by

• Comment on this post
  • Facebook
  • Twitter – @jkynaston
  • Text – 07905 218162
  • Any other method!

Please note that only one time per guess so if you guess a time that is already taken I’ll ask you to guess again!

Thanks!

This entry was posted in Guess My Time, Tour of Helvellyn. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Guess My Time – Tour of Helvellyn

1. Gareth Crabb says:

All the best John, I’ve fancied this one for a while so looking forward to your race report. I’ll guess 10.53.00. Cheers Gareth.

2. lakesescape says:

I reckon you are going for gold John, 10:15 I reckon.
    Hope the weather is kind – see you there!
    Cheers Nick

3. Gary Mclinton says:

Hi John  Just watched your 8hr 23m devil from 2011!If I could be so bold as to ask if a future vlog could be on advancement? Be that diet, training, gear, attitude etc. I know, I’m guessing, you will have this all logged. I’m entered to the Devil next year., so your advice going forward is always appreciated.  All the very best as always.God bless you and your family.  Gary

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

4. Chris Webb says:

Hi John,

Every confidence in you going sub sub gold race pace, so my guess is 10:28:27. Have a great race but most importantly take care and have fun. 🙂

5. John Collins says:

Hi John.11 hours 15:00.
    Good luck and stay safe.
    John

6. Richard Horner says:

Tried to email but it bounced back . . .
    Dear John,

I think you’ve set yourself some achievable targets there and I’ve a feeling you will hit your gold time, so I’ll go for:

10:25:00

I’m doing the race too but my aim is just to make the cut-offs, so I don’t expect I’ll see much of you!
    Best wishes