- Leg 1: Coniston to Seathwaite – 7.0miles Climb: 2162ft Descent: 1988ft
- Leg 2: Seathwaite to Boot – 6.9miles (total 13.9miles) Climb: 1263ft (total – 3425ft) Descent: 1375ft (total – 3363ft)
- Leg 3: Boot to Wasdale Head – 5.3miles (total 19.3miles) Climb: 974ft (total – 4400ft) Descent: 942ft (total – 4304ft)
- Leg 4: Wasdale Head to Buttermere – 6.8miles (total 26.1miles) Climb: 2336ft (total – 6736ft) Descent: 2188ft (total – 6493ft)
- Leg 5: Buttermere to Braithwaite – 6.5miles (total 32.6miles) Climb: 1880ft (total – 8615ft) Descent: 2011ft (total – 8504ft)
- Leg 6: Braithwaite to Blencathra – 8.5miles (total 41.1miles) Climb: 1568ft (total – 10184ft) Descent: 1001ft (total – 9505ft)
- Leg 7: Blencathra to Dockray – 7.6miles (total 48.8miles) Climb: 1368ft (total – 11552ft) Descent: 827ft (total – 10331ft)
- Leg 8: Dockray to Dalemain – 10.1miles (total 58.9miles) Climb: 1214ft (total – 12766ft) Descent: 2093ft (total – 12425ft)
- Leg 9: Dalemain to Howtown – 7.1miles (total 66.1miles) Climb: 965ft (total – 13730ft) Descent: 935ft (total – 13360ft)
- Leg 10: Howtown to Mardale Head – 9.4miles (total 75.5miles) Climb: 2510ft (total – 16240ft) Descent: 2205ft (total – 15564ft)
- Leg 11: Mardale Head to Kentmere – 6.5miles (total 82.0miles) Climb: 16770ft (total – 17917ft) Descent: 1932ft (total – 17497ft)
- Leg 12: Kentmere to Ambleside – 7.3miles (total 89.3miles) Climb: 1611ft (total – 19528ft) Descent: 1975ft (total – 19472ft)
- Leg 13: Ambleside to Chapel Stile – 5.0miles (total 94.3miles) Climb: 768ft (total – 20295ft) Descent: 699ft (total – 20171ft)
- Leg 14: Chapel Stile to Tilberthwaite – 7.1miles (total 101.5miles) Climb: 1270ft (total – 21565ft) Descent: 1060ft (total – 21230ft)
- Leg 15: Tilberthwaite to Coniston – 3.5miles (total 105.0miles) Climb: 928ft (total – 22493ft) Descent: 1263ft (total – 22493ft)
I set up this blog (Oct 06) to record my training and thoughts in preparing for the 2007 WHW Race – a 95 mile ultra race from Milngavie to Fort William.
I have now run 44 ultras over the past eleven years including the whw 6 times and you can read all about them, watch my race videos and lots more by using the tabs at the top of the blog.
If you want to contact me my email address is email@example.com
Next ultra race …Hardmoors 55March 17th, 201956 days to go.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Dragon’s Back… on Review of ‘Hillfit… johnkynaston59 on Hardwolds 80 Video Diary Gary Mclinton on Hardwolds 80 Video Diary Mike Hall on Hardwolds 80 Race Report Pete on Hardwolds 80 Race Report
My novel written in November 2009
Sponsored by …