- Leg 1: Coniston to Seathwaite – 7.0miles Climb: 2162ft Descent: 1988ft
- Leg 2: Seathwaite to Boot – 6.9miles (total 13.9miles) Climb: 1263ft (total – 3425ft) Descent: 1375ft (total – 3363ft)
- Leg 3: Boot to Wasdale Head – 5.3miles (total 19.3miles) Climb: 974ft (total – 4400ft) Descent: 942ft (total – 4304ft)
- Leg 4: Wasdale Head to Buttermere – 6.8miles (total 26.1miles) Climb: 2336ft (total – 6736ft) Descent: 2188ft (total – 6493ft)
- Leg 5: Buttermere to Braithwaite – 6.5miles (total 32.6miles) Climb: 1880ft (total – 8615ft) Descent: 2011ft (total – 8504ft)
- Leg 6: Braithwaite to Blencathra – 8.5miles (total 41.1miles) Climb: 1568ft (total – 10184ft) Descent: 1001ft (total – 9505ft)
- Leg 7: Blencathra to Dockray – 7.6miles (total 48.8miles) Climb: 1368ft (total – 11552ft) Descent: 827ft (total – 10331ft)
- Leg 8: Dockray to Dalemain – 10.1miles (total 58.9miles) Climb: 1214ft (total – 12766ft) Descent: 2093ft (total – 12425ft)
- Leg 9: Dalemain to Howtown – 7.1miles (total 66.1miles) Climb: 965ft (total – 13730ft) Descent: 935ft (total – 13360ft)
- Leg 10: Howtown to Mardale Head – 9.4miles (total 75.5miles) Climb: 2510ft (total – 16240ft) Descent: 2205ft (total – 15564ft)
- Leg 11: Mardale Head to Kentmere – 6.5miles (total 82.0miles) Climb: 16770ft (total – 17917ft) Descent: 1932ft (total – 17497ft)
- Leg 12: Kentmere to Ambleside – 7.3miles (total 89.3miles) Climb: 1611ft (total – 19528ft) Descent: 1975ft (total – 19472ft)
- Leg 13: Ambleside to Chapel Stile – 5.0miles (total 94.3miles) Climb: 768ft (total – 20295ft) Descent: 699ft (total – 20171ft)
- Leg 14: Chapel Stile to Tilberthwaite – 7.1miles (total 101.5miles) Climb: 1270ft (total – 21565ft) Descent: 1060ft (total – 21230ft)
- Leg 15: Tilberthwaite to Coniston – 3.5miles (total 105.0miles) Climb: 928ft (total – 22493ft) Descent: 1263ft (total – 22493ft)
I set up this blog (Oct 06) to record my training and thoughts in preparing for the 2007 WHW Race – a 95 mile ultra race from Milngavie to Fort William.
I have now run 40 ultras over the past ten years including the whw 6 times and you can read all about them, watch my race videos and lots more by using the tabs at the top of the blog.
If you want to contact me my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Next ultra race …Northern TraverseMay 12th, 201820 days to go.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
apeers on Video of Grand Tour of Sk… adamslifejourney on Hardmoors 55 Race Report Christopher Webb on Guess My Time – Hardmoor… martinwebbruns on Hardmoors 55 update and V… marathongirl69hotmai… on Hardmoors 55 update and V…
My novel written in November 2009
Sponsored by …