I like to plan out my training so I have something to work on. I’m best when I have a routine and a plan to tick off. I also like to be accountable so posting my plan helps with that.
For 2020 I have three main races planned for the first half of the year so I have planned out my training for the first 6 months of the year finishing with the West Highland Way Race on Saturday 20th June.
The second half of the year will depend on whether the Deadwater 6 day event goes ahead or not but I’ll think about that once June is over.
So here is my plan ….
A few comments ….
- Monday Fartlek Sessions are with the club (Kilbarchan AAC) so I’m happy to go with whatever is set for each week
- Wednesday Tempo Runs - I didn’t many tempo runs last year but I feel I need to try and bring my tempo pace down a bit. I will vary what I do. For example today I ran 1 mile easy, 1 mile @ Tempo pace x 3. The Tempo pace was over 8min miles which shows me how far I have to go. Other weeks I will do 1 mile easy, 2 miles @ Tempo pace x 2 etc building up to 1 mile easy, 4 miles @ Tempo pace, 1 mile easy
- Thursday Hill Session will either be my lunchtime run around Pollok Park which is off road and includes a few smaller hills or I’ll head over to Conic Hill or Ben Lomond after work for a tougher hill run
- Saturday long runs will be on the Gleniffer Braes, Kilpatricks or on the West Highland Way route or something similar.
- Races. I have planned the Hardmoors 55 in March, the Great Lakeland 3 Day Event in May and the West Highland Way Race in June
- Easy Sunday Runs. I may make these harder with another off road run to make a harder back to back but at this stage I think an easier run might be more beneficial.
- CWU is the Cape Wrath Ultra where I am on the volunteer team so I’m not quite sure how much running I’ll be able to fit in
- Cycling. I will try and cycle to and from work on Tuesday and Friday but it all depends whether I need my van for work but hopefully I’ll do at least one of the days.
So that’s the plan for now. I will be flexible and I may have to change a few things especially at the weekend as we might be away visiting family etc.