I’m really looking forward to covering the next section of the Northern Traverse on Friday 30th March and Saturday 31st March 2018.
In February I covered the first 62 miles from St Bee’s to Shap over two days and I really enjoyed it despite a few navigational issues!!
For this two day run as it is Easter weekend I’m able to get away on Thursday night and run Friday and Saturday. Katrina has very kindly offered to support me over the weekend so I don’t need to worry about getting trains or buses.
We are staying our friends Dave & Tracey in Keswick on Thursday night which means that we can start earlier.
James Thurlow has sent me a tracker again so if you have any time or interest on Friday and Saturday click on this link and see how I’m getting on!
So the plan is as follows …
Friday 30th April
- 8am Start running from Shap
- approx 1.30pm arrive at Kirkby Stephen (20 miles)
- approx 5pm arrive at Keld (32.75 miles)
- approx 8pm arrive at Reeth (44 miles)
If it takes me longer I do have the option of stopping earlier than Reeth but I would really like to make it all the way to Reeth if I can.
Saturday 31st April
- Aiming to start running at 9.30am from Reeth
- approx 12.30pm arrive at Richmond (10.5 miles)
- approx 5pm arrive at Danby Wiske (24.5 miles)
I’ll be taking some video clips along the way to help me remember the route so I’ll include those in my next LOVEultras vblogs.