This weekend I’m setting off for my first recce weekend of the three that I have planned on the Northern Traverse course.
I love the planning for these weekends and this one has been a lot of fun to prepare and plan!
Saturday 24th February
- 07:33-07:44 Train from Paisley Gilmore St to Glasgow Central
- 08:00-09:10 Train from Glasgow Central to Carlisle
- 09:38-10:55 Train from Carlisle to St Bees
- 11:00 Run from St Bees to Grasmere (38miles)
Stay with good friends Dave and Tracey in Keswick for the night
Sunday 25th February
- 09:00 Run from Grasmere to Shap (24miles)
- 18:04-18:27 Bus from Shap to Penrith
- 20:37-22:03 Train from Penrith to Glasgow Central
- 22:20-22:35 Train from Glasgow Central to Paisley Gilmore
James Thurlow who organises the Northern Traverse race sent me a tracker for the weekend so if you want to follow my progress then here is the link. I will switch it on at 11am on Saturday when I arrive at St Bees.